…since I’ve posted, but here is an update of what I’ve been doing:
- I have written a new track, with vocals by my really good friend, @superhootie. You can listen to it here.
- I have recorded 3 new Digeum mixes. (06Q, 06S and 06X). Check them out on the Digeum link in the navigation section.
- I helped my friend Janelle and Mikey with their gameshow Chaos Contest, providing music for the show.
- I will be helping Janelle with Chaos Contest once again on Wednesday. It is at Fattys, on 8th and Idaho in Downtown Boise. The fun begins at 8PM. I guarantee fun.
- I was asked to join a local band as the lead vocalist. No details on this just yet, but I will update when I have more information.
- Digeum will be celebrating 3 years of mixes. Our first mix was recorded on Sept. 4, 2008. We will have recorded 156 mixes in those 3 years. I am so proud to be a part of that.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Check it out here: http://www.digeum.org/2011/05/25/mix-session-06j/
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
The festivities started at 8PM, at Fattys Bar. We hung out there for a short time and waited for people to show up. We then moved to The Lobby. We played there for a few hours. Had some drinks and some dancing.
Then, Shannon, Brent and I walked over to The Matador and had some good food and good fun. I made sure Shannon home safely and went home, myself. It was a great evening of fun and friends. Nights like that are what I love about Boise!
Filed under: BoiseLocal, my friends, stuff from my brain | Leave a Comment
Last night, was Pole-a-palooza 2011 at Ophidia Stuido.
Ophidia Studio is owned and ran by my friends Allison and James. They have classes in Pole dancing, Zumba, burlesque dancing and others with an emphasis on fitness. The event was to show off the dancing skills of their instructors and students. Plus, they used this opportunity to announce the new class they’re offering, Aerial Yoga.
I mixed some house music before, after and between dancing events. Everything went very smoothly and I believe it was a great success. All of the dancers were really awesome and we all had a great time. I would like to thanks Allison, James and everyone else at Ophidia Studio for giving me this great opportunity.
Filed under: BoiseLocal, dance, House, Mixes, Music, stuff from my brain | Leave a Comment
Yesterday, an event occured called Modern Art, at the Modern Hotel as part of the Cinqo de Mayo festivities in Boise. At this event, I, along with about 20 to 30 other people of all ages performed in a Flashmob which we took to calling Flashdance.
The idea is, as described by the originator and co-choreographer of the dance, Janelle Wilson: What if a bunch of people get together and suddenly start doing the same dance, like they do in musicals.
Janelle also created the music mix, which includes popular 90’s songs Vogue (Madonna), Everybody Dance Now (C+C Music Factory), Ice Ice Baby (Vanilla Ice) and Rhythm Nation (Janet Jackson). We have been rehearsing for this for about a month now. I am so glad I got involved with this and this will be a happy memory for me for a long time to come.
Thanks to Janelle, the Modern Hotel and Bar and everyone else who came together to make this thing happen.
Filed under: BoiseLocal, dance, Music, my friends, stuff from my brain | 1 Comment
Just about every Thursday, you can find me at Tom Grainey’s in DT Boise, to see The Naughties perform. They are a local band, fronted by my friend Jeran Dahlquist (the guy with the blond mohawk). They are definitely not your typical cover band. As Jeran explained to me recently, their goal is to make you discover bands that you might not otherwise listen to to discover great new music. Expect to hear everything from Kings of Leon to Electric Light Orchestra being played at a Naughties set.
A couple of highlights:
- A great version of the Fratellis’ Henrietta. This is one case where I have become interested in a band based on a listening to the Naughties.
- A medelly of the Teddybears’ Punkrocker and Dead Kennedys’ Too Drunk to Fuck.
Filed under: BoiseLocal, Music | Leave a Comment
This weekend, we ended up celebrating the birthdays of several people, myself included. Here is the list of people who were born around the same time that I hung out with this Sunday: Jeran, Larz, Chris, Josh, Jenny, Stella. (And, as I said, me.)
We started off at brunch at 36th Street Bistro. The food was good, but not great (we think they were a little understaffed for Sunday brunch). We then moved the party to The Lift, where we had a few drinks (or, at least, I had a few drinks) and some fun conversation on the patio. I went home for a couple of hours before heading down to Flying Pie for pizza and then we went to Club 44 for karaoke and a lot more drinks.
I took Monday off work, so I could recover. I pretty much spent all of Monday sleeping/relaxing so it was kind of a nice change of pace.
I got to hang out with some of my favorite people and had a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with us.
Filed under: my friends, stuff from my brain | Leave a Comment